As many of you know, one of Erik's (many) skills is his ability to do 'the worm'... it's a crowd-pleaser at dances, weddings, etc. Well, at a Four Seasons event a few months ago, this move (done in front of some corporate higher-ups) won him a free night stay at the hotel, including complementary dinner and breakfast. Who knew this semi-obnoxious dance move would have such a big pay-off? My former criticism of his 'show-off-ness'/tendency to be a total ham has been officially silenced by wine and lobster.
We were wined and dined by his co-workers beyond either of our expectations. I think we probably only ordered half off the food that showed up at our table, the rest was complements of the house/chef. It was an awesome four-hour dinner complete with cocktails, homemade stuffed pasta, kobe beef, wontons, a sushi sampler, wine, lobster, steak, truffled mac & cheese, grilled asparagus, champagne, a surprise birthday dessert (Erik recently turned 24), and a night-cap or two.
Erik happened to know the guy who checked us in, which meant we were bumped up to a premier corner suite, complete with a wall of west-facing (mountain view) windows and a wall of north-facing (city view) windows. It was beautiful... and based on the cost, probably a once in a lifetime experience for us. The cherry on top was room service for breakfast. Neither of us had ever experienced 'full-service' room service, and it was such a treat. However, even in the most fancy of settings I found myself ordering cheese on my hashbrowns... I guess you can take a girl out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest out of a girl :)
(sorry about the cell-phone photos... I need a real camera)
![]() |
| A little piece of heaven. |
![]() |
| There was a TV built into the bathroom mirror... I was shocked. |
![]() |
| Happy 24th, love. |









No comments:
Post a Comment