6/24/11

Lucky

I've been abroad enough times now to know that it always takes me about a week or so to adjust to each new place before I start to feel like myself again. Now that I've passed that hurdle, I'm loving it more and more here each day. Hong Kong really was the perfect summer posting for me... it's one of the safest cities in the world to be as a solo white female (a huge contrast to Guatemala, and even the States, really), transportation is cheap and convenient, there is a fascinating blend of European and Asian culture, and it truly lives up to its reputation as one of the world's international food capitals. I completely lucked out. While it may not be the cheapest summer, it really is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to be able to spend three months living in such a cosmopolitan city.

Typical street... it takes a while to get used to the population density

Riding the Star Ferry across the harbor to Kowloon...

Locals don't go anywhere without an umbrella... rain or shine, they're using them

Standing on the Kowloon side with Hong Kong Island (where I live) in the background

Dragon boat races

east meets west

Horse Races... based on my performance, I think I better stick with Blackjack

No comments: