The Proposal
After turning in my last 20 page paper of the year, I spent the day frantically packing up/cleaning my apartment to head back to MN. Erik was planning on driving with me and we decided to leave Tuesday night or Wednesday morning depending on how the day of packing went. On Tuesday morning, Erik asked if we could have one last date in Denver before I left for the summer. I said "sure" but my priority was scrubbing down my apartment to avoid move-out fees. I figured that I had all the time in the world to clean and that we would just grab a drink or something later on in the evening. Erik had different plans. Little did I know that he already had arrangements made at the Four Seasons downtown. Not knowing any plans existed, I was taking my sweet time scrubbing floor boards, etc. Erik could tell that he and I were operating under very different timelines and soon realized that the only way to get me out of my apartment was to do something drastic. So, as I turned around, with a Clorox wipe in hand, he got down on one knee and popped the big question! I was shocked. Like so many proposals, I totally ruined his original plan, but it turned out great anyway. After proposing, he whisked me away to the Four Seasons for a night of wining and dining. We were treated like royalty and I got to spend the night showing off my beautiful ring and handsome fiancé. The next morning we hit the road back to MN and I had a 14 hour car-ride to get used to having a ring on my left hand and a fiancé, not boyfriend, by my side. I'm now back in MN until Friday when I head to Hong Kong for the summer. Let the planning begin!
![]() |
| Spoiled at the Four Seasons |
![]() |
| It turns out diamond rings are a big distraction while driving... especially through Nebraska |
![]() |
| Close-up |





2 comments:
Love love love love love!
I LOVE THIS!!
Post a Comment