10/25/10

I swear I do more than drink cocktails and go out to eat...

...but everything else seems so boring in comparison!

Last Monday after work (two days before I had a midterm essay due) I got a call from Erik...

Erik: What are you up to tonight?

Steph: Working on my essay... you already knew that (in a super annoyed voice thinking he's going to ask if I want to go downtown to shoot pool or something when he KNEW I had a date planned with the library)

Erik: Welllll, how does a free dinner at the Four Seasons sound?

Steph: Sold. What should I wear?

Erik's new place of employment, the Edge Restaurant at Denver's brand new Four Seasons hotel, was opening to the public the next morning and wanted to squeeze in one final 'practice run'. Since Erik had worked all day, they invited him to bring a date to dine on anything/everything that we desired. I. WAS. IN. HEAVEN. While I don't claim to be a great chef, I'm a wannabe foodie. Top Chef, Food Network, and the Cooking Channel are always my 'go-tos' on the remote, and everyone knows that all of my 'supplemental' income goes directly to restaurant tabs. When given the choice between quality food and new clothes, food always wins.


Let's just say we made the most of this rare opportunity... we walked away from $180 meal without having to pay a dime. Initially I set out to take a photo of every course, but was so distracted that my blackberry's effort was short-lived...




Here's the recap:
- 2 perfect pear cocktails









- 1 glass of merlot









- the BEST wontons I've had in my life









- Kobe beef hot stone (slabs of raw beef were brought to our table with seasonings and a 500 degree stone for us to cook the meat on tableside)









-Heirloom tomato/motzerella salad









- Bourbon-glazed pork chop
- New York Strip steak
- the most INCREDIBLE crispy macaroni & cheese balls I've ever tasted
- Chocolate mousse two ways

We left the restaurant very full, but very happy. Even better, Erik won another free dinner for us to use as our 'Christmas date' this year :)

1 comment:

cabeckstrand said...

I am now hungry...again.