2/17/09

Story of the day

Short version: I was punched by a drunk today.
Long version: I was walking home for lunch at 1pm today and there was a drunk man standing in the middle of the sidewalk, speaking jibberish, hassling me, and refusing to let me pass by. I politely said excuse me in Spanish, and stepped off the sidewalk, onto the street, to maneuver my way around him. He then proceeded to punch me (in the arm)....hard! I turned around and gave him a look of shock, but didn't want to say or do anything out of fear that he would grab me. So, I quickly walked home, but as I entered my house I couldn't help but think (for lack of better words), 'WTF?! Did that really just happen?'. Oh yes, another day, another story. I better not get a bruise.
p.s. No worries, if I find him again Erik already has dibbs on taking the first punch:)

No comments: