Well, a lot has changed since my last post...For starters, I am now living in a different house with a different family. I woke up this morning to my doorbell ringing and lots of shouting. I looked out my window to see men holding machetes beating the crap out of each other...it was bloody and horrible and right outside my window. After telling my instructor and program director, I was able to quickly move to a new place. I like it here much better. The house is more comfortable and I share it with my host mom/grandma (she is the mother of another student's host mom). I haven't actually met her yet, but I will later tonight. It is also much closer to school, an added bonus.
In addition to my new living situation, I have now had two days of spanish classes and am learning a lot. Five hours of Spanish everyday is difficult, but I love my teacher, and am embracing this unique opportunity. The downfall: The teachers are told to give us 3 hours of homework each night, totaling some 8 hours of pure Spanish everyday. Althou
Yesterday I had the opportunity to climb la Muela, a mountain in Guatemala that is also used for many Mayan religous ceremonies. After hiking/climbing for four hours I am proud to say that I made it to the very top 10,750 ft. The view of the city above the clouds was incredible, but I am very sore today! As most of you know, athletics aren't really my thing, but that may change after this trip! I really enjoyed the climb.Tomorrow I am headed to some hot springs after class, so it should be really interesting. My mood has definitely shifted after this move! AND, I have the internet now, so I can actually keep up with what is going on

No comments:
Post a Comment