There is a new trend hitting facebook called 'my 25'...basically you post 25 random things about yourself, tag 25 friends to the note, and ask them to do the same. It's a fun way to learn about people's idiosyncrasies, etc. I figured that I would post mine on here as well, someday I'm sure it will be nice to look back on...
1. One of my favorite winter pastimes is to lay on top of my living room heat vent with a blanket.
2. I’m lucky enough to be dating my best friend, someone that inspires and challenges me daily.
3. In 8th grade I had the unfortunate experience of having my pants ripped off by an escalator at the Burnsville mall.
4. I listen to almost entirely chill/acoustic music. You know how there are always one or two slower songs on each album….my music library consists of those songs.
5. I’m a wino…give me a glass of Pinot Grigio and some cheese and I’m a happy camper.
6. I live for ‘lay on the floor’ nights: music, conversation, and the infinite abyss. These are the nights I feel most alive.
7. I was voted ‘best hair’ and ‘women’s libber’ in high school.
8. I would choose a coffee house or café over a bar or club any day.
9. I love watching football and have been in a fantasy league for four years. Not much can beat a beer, pizza, and Monday Night Football.
10. I, like many girls, have an affinity for small wooden boxes….even if they serve absolutely no purpose other than being cute.
11. As a child, my favorite toy was my African American Cabbage Patch doll that I ingeniously named, ‘Cabbage’.
12. I love traveling and have grown very fond of the MSP airport. My travels include Austria, Italy, Kenya, and Guatemala.
13. I love art, although my talents lie more in the ‘crafts’ department.
14. I was born with extra joints in my toes and can bend them to touch the top of my foot…phy-
ed warm ups aren’t so fun when your toes have no traction for pushups.
15. Every time I try to imagine how I fit into the grand scheme of the universe, I end up with my hands on my forehead until I find something else to distract myself with…it’s kind of like the first time I realized that the sky was both above and below me, it messes with you.
16. I have several guilty pleasure television shows: Biggest Loser, Top Chef, The Bachelor, American’s Next Top Model, Lost…don’t judge me.
17. I have a cat, Zazz, that I love dearly, even though the vet describes him as ‘morbidly obese’.
18. My mom is one of my best friends…and Super Woman.
19. My biggest fear is becoming numb to the world, its suffering and its beauty.....that, and drowning.
20. I love Bingo and Blackjack.
21. I’m a garlic-aholic
22. I read almost entirely non-fiction works.
23. My life is signed away to the State Department until I’m 29…it’s intimidating, but I’m so grateful for the opportunity to pursue activism through diplomacy.
24. Sufjan Steven’s music speaks to me.
25. I love going to movies, but usually enjoy the previews as much as the film itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment