5/8/11

the mystery of the 'pink-ish-purple' trees

Besides the beautiful weather and gorgeous mountain landscapes, my favorite thing about spring in Denver has been these beautiful pink-ish-purple trees that are blooming all around campus. I comment on how pretty they are on a daily basis (much to the annoyance of whoever is walking with me since I've been doing this for nearly a month now). For the longest time I had no idea what they were so I've just been calling them 'the pink-ish-purple trees'. After some serious google research I think I've eliminated crabapple, pink dogwood and kwanzan cherry trees, and am fairly certain they're either Eastern Redbud trees or Oklahoma Redbud trees. Who knew I had it in me to be a horticulturalist? Anyway, the purpose of this ramble was really just to show you the pretty tree....
Cell phone photo on my walk to class (the buds look more purple in person)

Google search ... pretty close, right?




No comments: