2/14/11

'Mid-Master's Crisis'

I was sitting down this past week planning out my classes for next quarter when I fell into 'mid-master's degree crisis' mode. I found myself doing the exact same thing I did as an undergraduate.... taking a bunch of random, but semi-interesting, classes that never really fit together to form any sort of a cohesive degree. I left my undergraduate experience with incredible relationships, international experiences, and a more mature mindset, but without feeling like I really had any concrete skills to offer the world. Feeling as though I was falling into the same path, I met with my school's academic director and changed my degree from a scholarly MA in International Studies to a more practical (and challenging) MA in International Development. This switch will mean additional statistics and economics, but (hopefully) also comes with a greater sense of accomplishment. It's not your typical 'diplomat in training' degree, but, then again, I guess I'm not your average diplomat.

http://www.du.edu/korbel/academic/academic_degree_programs/ma/International_Develo.html

No comments: