In addition to meeting incredible people, I left MLI actually liking AND understanding intermediate economics...I know, who would have thought? It turns out that the teacher CAN make all the difference, and my professor, Soumya, was able to make the class both interesting and applicable. Prior to MLI, I never thought I would label an Econ class as my favorite course of the summer, but it really was. I also learned how to write formal policy memos. While incredibly grateful to learn this skill, it also helped me realize that I really would rather pursue a graduate degree in International Affairs over Public Policy, which is great to know before applying to schools.
8/9/09
The Winding Down of MLI and the Summer of 2009
After seven weeks of stress, laughs, and hardwork, MLI is officially over. As frustrating as the program was at times, I am so grateful for the experience. By far, the highlight of the program was the people involved. Never in my life have I been associated with a more impressive group of individuals. It sounds corny, but I really am so excited to see where everyone ends up and to visit my new friends all around the U.S.
In addition to meeting incredible people, I left MLI actually liking AND understanding intermediate economics...I know, who would have thought? It turns out that the teacher CAN make all the difference, and my professor, Soumya, was able to make the class both interesting and applicable. Prior to MLI, I never thought I would label an Econ class as my favorite course of the summer, but it really was. I also learned how to write formal policy memos. While incredibly grateful to learn this skill, it also helped me realize that I really would rather pursue a graduate degree in International Affairs over Public Policy, which is great to know before applying to schools.



In addition to meeting incredible people, I left MLI actually liking AND understanding intermediate economics...I know, who would have thought? It turns out that the teacher CAN make all the difference, and my professor, Soumya, was able to make the class both interesting and applicable. Prior to MLI, I never thought I would label an Econ class as my favorite course of the summer, but it really was. I also learned how to write formal policy memos. While incredibly grateful to learn this skill, it also helped me realize that I really would rather pursue a graduate degree in International Affairs over Public Policy, which is great to know before applying to schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment