On Friday night my host-mom, another CSB student and I went to Las Hostales de Itra...basically the Disney resort of Guatemala. Itra is a waterpark (voted #1 in the world last year), and although we didn't make it to the park, we spent a night at the resort laying by the pools, wining and dining, etc. For 24 hours I felt like I was in Florida, which was actually a really nice break. The place was incredible... complete with a spa, gym, bowling alley, mini-golf course, four pools, waterfalls, four restaurants, a life-size chess board, live-in peacocks, and lots of pool-side cantinas.






I've realized that in posting about all of my trips and excursions, I have neglected to share what is probably most important...my daily life in Guatemala. This week I'm going to work on taking pictures of my everyday life in Xela....here a few to start:



#1- Trucks overflowing with (insert random material) are absolutely an everyday sight here
#2- A typical pueblo along the costal region of Guatemala (notice the change in vegetation)
#3- The view driving into Xela
No comments:
Post a Comment